First introduced in 1976, the StingRay was the first production four string bass to feature onboard active equalization. The flagship of the Music Man line, today's StingRay is the same as it was some forty years ago, featuring a solid roadworthy construction, elegant oval pickguard, 3+1 tuning key configuration, and the ever-popular Music Man humbucker, all of which combine to produce a look, feel, and sound that is remarkably unmistakable.
- Sculpted neck joint provides uninhibited access to all 22 stainless steel frets atop roasted maple necks
- Enhanced body contours are rounded for more comfort in any playing position while retaining that revered, iconic StingRay sound
- New and improved StingRay electronics feature powerful neodymium magnets, bringing you more output and a wider range of sounds
- Newly designed 18-volt 3-Band preamp for extra clean headroom lets you dial in everything from modern punch to classic, vintage tones
- Overall reduction in weight from select body woods, improved contours, and lightweight hardware provide greater overall balance for extra comfort and a more enjoyable playing experience