In a word: The Neumann classic. Three directional characteristics and switchable pre-attenuation ensure suitability for a wide range of applications.
The U 87 presents a wide range of features and versatility that make it to one of the most desirable mics available. Neumann's users are recognising the microphone immediately by its distinctive design. Well-known for its warm and well balanced characteristics - your perfect choice as vocal microphone for all types of music and speech. The usage as main microphone for orchestra recordings or as spot mic for single instruments make it the most general-purpose microphone - in studios, for broadcasting, film and television.
• Variable large diaphragm microphone
• Pressure-gradient transducer with double membrane capsule
• The studio microphone classic
• Three directional characteristics: omni, cardioid, figure-8
• Switchable low frequency roll-off
• Switchable 10 dB pre-attenuation
• Ideal as main and as support microphone in the most differing recording situations