This creates a 17″ deep air cavity behind the front facing panel that delivers broadband absorption down to 100 Hz for control over model distortion in the problematic low-mid region. This makes the Cumulus the perfect acoustic starting point for home theaters and post production suites that have limited wall space and suffer from over-saturation of lower mid-range frequencies (boomy). For professional studios, the Cumulus helps eliminate standing waves and for voice-over booths, it provides an effective solution for the usual chest-hump that plagues most vocal booths in the 200 Hz to 300 Hz region. Given the choice, acousticians will always employ corners for acoustic sound control. This is primarily due to the way sound propagates inside a room, whereby the walls and ceiling act as waveguides that drive sound to the corners where it gathers. The Cumulus nestles high, up into the tri-corner where the walls and ceiling intersect for maximum efficiency.
- Tri-corner trap is effective from 100 Hz and up
- Captures sound as it migrates in corners
- Unobtrusive design fits any decor - extends down 17" talking up very little wall space
- Unique spring tensioned clamping system securely holds the panel in place while making installation quick, easy, and invisible
- High-density 6 lb per cubic foot (96 kg/m³) glass wool, delivers exceptional sound absorption, is safe to handle, and has been tested to meet stringent Class-A/1 fire requirements for use anywhere