Radial McBoost, Microphone Signal Intensifier, Radial Item R800 8016.
The McBoost is a microphone signal booster designed to elevate the output of a dynamic or ribbon microphone. It provides clean gain at the source, driving long cable runs with ease and allowing you to connect to any preamp as if it were a high-gain ribbon mic pre. Simply connect the McBoost in-line using standard XLR cables and activate 48V phantom power, then select between three impedance settings to optimize the response from the microphone.
• 26dB signal booster for dynamic and ribbon microphones
• Class-A dual transistor circuit for transparent operation
• Powered by 48V phantom power
• 3-position impedance selector and variable gain
• Extends dynamic range and microphone reach
• Boosts low output mic signals to a usable level
• Improves signal-to-noise on long cable runs
• Improves signal-to-noise with vintage audio gear
• High pass filter cleans up muddy low end