The Walrus Audio Lore creates sounds defined by artifacts of notes moving backward and stretching through time. Made up of five different programs, each utilizes different combinations of delay and reverb that feed into each other for time-warping ambient creations. Featuring two DSP chips running in series, each with their own analog feedback path, the Lore is rich with themes of reversing, time stretching, pitch shifting, and vast ambience.
- Two feedback paths interact and build off of each other organically, offering the user a wide array of sounds and behaviours to experiment with
- Program 1 combines reverse delay with reverse reverb with a focus on organically interacting feedback paths
- Program 2 is a light reverb that combines octave up harmonic feedback with an expansive, airy, reverb tank to create a breathy, spacious ambience
- Program 3 is a dark reverb that combines octave down harmonic feedback with heavy filtering and harmonic distortion, to create a sound that is thick, rich, and murky
- Program 4 is a dual reverb program, featuring reverse reverb into forward reverb, Dual harmonic feedback paths allow the user to dial in octave up and octave down, and time stretching allows for control of the size and character of the space
- Program 5 features two dueling pitch delays, which shift the input signal up and down in complementary or opposing directions, allowing the user to create intricate harmonic patterns in the feedback network