The 896mk3 Hybrid is a two rack-space 24-bit 192 kHz FireWire audio interface that connects via FireWire or hi-speed USB2 to a Mac or PC computer and delivers 28 channels of input and 32 channels of output. Includes 8 channels of analog on XLR/TRS combo connectors, 8 built-in mic pre-amps, two banks of ADAT optical digital I/O, AES/EBU, S/PDIF, CueMix FX mixing with effects, and a complete set of drivers for compatibility with all major audio software on both computer platforms. Effects include Classic Reverb, modeled vintage EQ, and classic compression modeled after the legendary LA-2A.
• Hybrid FireWire/USB2 connectivity — connect to your computer via plug-and-play FireWire or hi-speed USB2.
• CueMix FX — flexible 28 input/16 bus mixer with on-board DSP effects, including reverb with sends/returns, plus EQ and compression on every input and output.
• 28 inputs / 32 outputs (at 44.1/48 kHz) — there's no channel sharing in the 896mk3; the mic inputs, AES/EBU I/O, S/PDIF I/O, headphone out and main outs are all handled as separate channels.
• Front-panel control — access any setting in your entire 896mk3 mix directly from the front panel.
• Stand-alone operation — program your mixes at the studio and then bring the 896mk3 to your gig — no computer needed. Need to tweak the mix? Do it on site using the back-lit LCD and front-panel controls.