This marching instrument offers the full deep tone of a concert euphonium thanks to the large bore bell throat. The entire design has been reinvented through countless evaluations with leading players, resulting in an instrument which is balanced to hold and easy to play. In addition to the powerful tonal projection, the 202M features new hybrid valve guides for smooth action requiring less maintenance.
• Well balanced: all Yamaha marching instruments as well-balanced, so they are easy to hold maneuver while marching
• Hand-fitted valves and slides: hand-fitted ensures an absolutely perfect fit and seal between the valve pistons and casing or slide parts; such a fit helps to achieve smooth air flow and smooth action, and improves the response and intonation of thee instrument
• Laser-fused plasma-welded bells: a high-energy laser fuses the brass together for a virtually seamless bell, which results in continuous, even vibrations
• Pressure-formed tubing: the perfectly rounded tubing results in less turbulence and a smoother air flow, thus making possible an excellent scale and reduced resistance
• Heavy bracing: all Yamaha marching instruments have heavy bracing throughout, so they are more durable at vulnerable points and can withstand the rigors of use in a marching band
• 1st valve thumbhook: all marching brass (except for the YEP-201M) feature a 1st valve thumbhoook for intonation adjustments