Yamaha's standard oboe features a newly designed, highly polished bore for excellent intonation, tonal balance and resistance. Undercut tone holes give smooth, even response and intonation. Nickel-silver bell ring increases effective density of the bell for improved response and tone. This is a more economical ABS resin body oboe which features a simplified Conservatoire system, making it is easier to play for beginners.
• highly polished bore: the new bore design which incorporates vertical integration is similar to that of the YOB-841 professional model; this results in improved projection and improved tonal qualities
• Newly designed undercut tone hole design: also similar to the YOB-841, the new taper to the tone hole design provides the player with a smooth response and even intonation
• Nickel-silver bell ring: the bell ring increases effective density of the bell for a quicker response and a more focused sound
• French taper pivot screws are designed for precise adjustment and increased longevity
• Stainless steel springs: durability, key balance and a more comfortable feel are all benefits of using stainless steel as the spring mater